Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hooping.

Hooping is an awesome activity. Personally I have never done it, I've never really had the time to get into it. My ex-girlfriend Amber is actually very good at it & that is how I have come to know about it. Though I don't do it, I do find it extremely interesting.

Hooping: generally refers to artistic movement and dancing with a hoop (or hoops) used as a prop or dance partner.

Now the reason that I am writing about this particular activity is because it is very, very closely related to Contact Juggling ( <-- my article on that). Both utilize the art of isolationism (giving the illusion that the object is still & your body is moving around it.)

Now, I figure that you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, so check out this video! (Skip about a minute into the video to get into the good stuff.)



I'd really like to get into it, just for the fun of it.

Let me know what you think of it :)

10 comments:

D4 said...

I love this stuff. Lovelovelovelove. It looks so badass.

trawler666 said...

Pretty good one mate. Followed!

My0wn5avior said...

This almost seems as meditative as tai chi, seems like it would be really relaxing and would work on your coordination a lot.

Anonymous said...

Woah - incredible isolations!

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

The amount of skill that some hoopers have is astounding!

Jessica Thompson said...

Wow incredible! Followed.

Mai Yang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

this is awesome dude

Magixx said...

epic, keep it up!

Internet Catch Of The Day said...

That looks so cool!

Post a Comment