Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rave Glove Light Shows


As you can see from my last post, I had an amazing time at the Skrillex concert that I went to. It wasn't a rave, but more of what you would get if you combined a rave with a metal concert.
I say this because it is related to my newest obsession, gloving.

Gloving comes in many different types & styles, but what it generally is, is you have gloves on that have LED's in each of the fingers, and usually an LED in your palm. You turn out the lights and perform 'light shows' with your hands.

Like I said, there are many different types & styles of it; such as finger tutting, liquids, rolling, etc.
I'm fairly new to the whole scene, so I'm not even going to attempt to try and describe each, or explain how they work, but I will share with you a couple of my favorite 'light shows' that I have come across.

Also, I'm going to start working on my own video of doing this, once my gloves come in the mail c: I've been practicing without anything a LOT since I saw someone doing it at the concert & I really love it and can't wait to get my gloves.

Here are two of my favorite light shows that I have come across, and that have been the inspiration for my practicing & whatnot:

This first one isn't the best of quality, but his style is probably my favorite of everyone that I have seen!



This second video is by a much more well known raving group, team[e]. This girl does mainly what is called 'finger tutting' & she is completely amazing at it.



Final Thoughts: Gloving is a lot of fun. It looks amazing, puts people in awe, (and though it hasn't been tested by me, personally) I completely assume that it will get you the girls c; I also love gloving because 1) you don't need gloves to practice it, which means that 2) you can practice it anytime, anywhere.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

new to gloving, loved it

AllenTesch said...

Never heard of gloving. But the ladies to like it if you're good with your fingers.

Austin said...

xD that's exactly what I was thinking Allen.

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Gloving is neat, but from what i've seen you have to be pretty high on something to truly enjoy it.

D4 said...

Nah you don't Mike, I've used a pair completely sober. If I hadn't been, they wouldn't have lent me them. SO MUCH FUN!

Did you get one of the more expensive flashy gloves, or went with the simpler cheaper ones to start off? If I got some, they'd be the cheaper ones simply because I'm not sure how long I'd be into it.

Anonymous said...

Looks fun

Austin said...

D4, I just got a cheap $15 pair. If I stay into it until they are un-usable then I will end up buying a nicer pair.

Unknown said...

Looks pretty cool Austin. I like those things that you can saw at the True Rave Party, costumes, accessories,... But still, nowadays Rave parties are nothing compared to early 90s / late 90s Rave.

PicGuy said...

Might try it.

Alphabeta said...

'Gloving' - sounds like it might be dirty.
But it's a different type of spectacle.

Mike42194 said...

That looks so cool, and insanely fun :D

Jack said...

mezmorizing...

Post a Comment